In all honesty, I’m not a big fan of watching TV – I don’t like all the typical shows like Big Brother, Pretty Little Liars or Love Island. Instead, I’m more of a crime/drama lover. Reality TV just isn’t my thing at all (with the exception of I’m a Celebrity obviously), not that there’s anything wrong with reality, but I just prefer watching something that really gets your brain going and blows your mind. I’m a huge fan of good old ‘who done it’ shows, like Midsomer Murders, because the whole time you’re watching everything so closely and scrutinising everything, constantly trying to play the detective and figure it out. However, that being said, I absolutely love a good comedy and a relatable family drama.
There are so many new and returning series that I’m so looking forward to watching this year and I thought I’d write a post about it both to organise my life a little, so that I know what I want to watch and when, but also as it might be useful to any fellow murder mystery lovers or drama obsessed people out there. So I’m going to stop rambling and get right to the point with my list of shows!
- Number one has to be Sherlock, of course! Which if you didn’t know, has already started! Sunday evening on BBC One is the place to be, guys.
- Broadchurch! I absolutely loved series one and two of Broadchurch and can’t wait to see how they wrap up the programme in the final series. Series three is due to start on ITV in February – and I can’t bloody wait!
- The Durrells is coming back! I can’t find an actual date, but the Durrells family will be back on our screens this spring and I’m so excited! This was a new series that started last Spring and I honestly loved it. It was such a light hearted, entertaining programme – very different to everything else around at the moment, and I can’t wait to watch it again this spring!
- Orange is the New Black. Need I say anymore? Oh my I still have sleepless nights where I wonder about that God damn cliff hanger. I need to know what the hell happened okay, and I need to know now. I can barely wait until the new season is on Netflix this June!
- Doctor Foster. You remember Doctor Foster right? That mind blowing series from 2015 that left us all on the edge of our seats after Suranne Jones slayed the scorned woman role. Well apparently series two is coming in 2017. I can’t find any dates anywhere – and trust me I’ve tried. But, it is coming back to BBC and I will be there waiting.
That is all I’ve got for now but I am positive that my list will grow as the year goes on and news emerges of more great TV, so no doubt I’ll be back in the summer with more shows – so look out for that! Until then, why not let me know what shows you’re looking forward to seeing back on our screens this year! Who doesn’t love fingerling over a good show ay? So drop me a comment if you fancy it! Until next time, thanks for reading!
Just a few pretty pictures from Devon!
Sorry for such a simple post but I just so desperately wanted to share these pictures as they’re just so gorgeous. However, if you do occasionally like posts like this then please let me know as I do love taking scenic pictures like this and have loads I could share from a variety of trips like Disney World, South France, Blackpool etc. So if this is the sort of thing you’re into then please let me know! Thanks for reading ♥
Last year I attempted to read 52 books in a year, which at the time I thought would be easy as I can get through a good book in a day with no trouble. However, it seems I was a bit ambitious to assume I could read so many books alongside doing my last year of A-Levels and doing a semester at Uni. Now I’ve left Uni though, and am officially on a gap year (or should I say gap nine months), I am ready to nail a list of 52 books in 2017! So, for any fellow book worms out there who might be doing the same or just for anyone looking for a book to read, this is what I’ve got so far on my list. Of course my list will grow as the year goes on, so I’ll keep updating this post when I add new books to my list. I will literally just give you my list, but every book on this list (say list one more time lmao) is a book that someone has either recommended to me or I’ve looked into and have decided I really need to read. Also, as I go through the year I plan to post ‘Weekly Reads’ posts about what I’ve read that week from my list and I’ll rate and review the books for you, so make sure you follow my blog to hear more about these books!
- The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
- Holding Up the Universe – Jennifer Niven
- We Were Liars – E. Lockhart
- Landline – Rainbow Rowell
- A Thousand Pieces of You – Claudia Gray
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You – Claudia Gray
- A Million Worlds With You – Claudia Gray
- Girl Online: Going Solo – Zoe Sugg
- Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins
- Since You’ve Been Gone – Morgan Matson
- The Unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson
- The Sky is Everywhere – Jandy Nelson
- Ketchup Clouds – Annabel Pitcher
- My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece – Annabel Pitcher
- Silence is Goldfish – Annabel Pitcher
- We Are All Made of Molecules – Susin Nielsen
- The Art of Being Normal – Lisa Williams
- Faceless – Alyssa sheinmel
- Extraordinary Means – Robyn Schneider
- My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga
- The Problem With Forever – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Am I Normal Yet? – Holly Bourne
- How Hard Can Love Be? – Holly Bourne
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do? – Holly Bourne
- …And A Happy New year? – Holly Bourne
- Beautiful Disaster- Jamie McGuire
- Walking Disaster – Jamie McGuire
- Heidi – Johanna Spyri
So, that’s the 30 books I have on my list so far! If you have any suggestions/reccomendations that I could add to my list then please let me know in the comments. If anyone would be interested in seeing a list of what I read this year then let me know and I could put a post together on that too!