Just a few pretty pictures from Devon!
Sorry for such a simple post but I just so desperately wanted to share these pictures as they’re just so gorgeous. However, if you do occasionally like posts like this then please let me know as I do love taking scenic pictures like this and have loads I could share from a variety of trips like Disney World, South France, Blackpool etc. So if this is the sort of thing you’re into then please let me know! Thanks for reading ♥
Last year I attempted to read 52 books in a year, which at the time I thought would be easy as I can get through a good book in a day with no trouble. However, it seems I was a bit ambitious to assume I could read so many books alongside doing my last year of A-Levels and doing a semester at Uni. Now I’ve left Uni though, and am officially on a gap year (or should I say gap nine months), I am ready to nail a list of 52 books in 2017! So, for any fellow book worms out there who might be doing the same or just for anyone looking for a book to read, this is what I’ve got so far on my list. Of course my list will grow as the year goes on, so I’ll keep updating this post when I add new books to my list. I will literally just give you my list, but every book on this list (say list one more time lmao) is a book that someone has either recommended to me or I’ve looked into and have decided I really need to read. Also, as I go through the year I plan to post ‘Weekly Reads’ posts about what I’ve read that week from my list and I’ll rate and review the books for you, so make sure you follow my blog to hear more about these books!
- The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
- Holding Up the Universe – Jennifer Niven
- We Were Liars – E. Lockhart
- Landline – Rainbow Rowell
- A Thousand Pieces of You – Claudia Gray
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You – Claudia Gray
- A Million Worlds With You – Claudia Gray
- Girl Online: Going Solo – Zoe Sugg
- Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins
- Lola and the Boy Next Door – Stephanie Perkins
- Isla and the Happily Ever After – Stephanie Perkins
- Since You’ve Been Gone – Morgan Matson
- The Unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson
- The Sky is Everywhere – Jandy Nelson
- Ketchup Clouds – Annabel Pitcher
- My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece – Annabel Pitcher
- Silence is Goldfish – Annabel Pitcher
- We Are All Made of Molecules – Susin Nielsen
- The Art of Being Normal – Lisa Williams
- Faceless – Alyssa sheinmel
- Extraordinary Means – Robyn Schneider
- My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga
- The Problem With Forever – Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Am I Normal Yet? – Holly Bourne
- How Hard Can Love Be? – Holly Bourne
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do? – Holly Bourne
- …And A Happy New year? – Holly Bourne
- Beautiful Disaster- Jamie McGuire
- Walking Disaster – Jamie McGuire
- Heidi – Johanna Spyri
So, that’s the 30 books I have on my list so far! If you have any suggestions/reccomendations that I could add to my list then please let me know in the comments. If anyone would be interested in seeing a list of what I read this year then let me know and I could put a post together on that too!
Okay, I have no idea how to start this. This first line is going to be the first impression I give and I don’t have a clue what to say – great start! Well, if you’re looking for professionalism I can tell you one thing, you probably won’t find it here. I’m going for the laid back, informal and chatty yet (hopefully) aesthetically pleasing look. So, if that’s your thing, I hope you stick around.
I’m a pretty average and typical 19 year old British girl in the sense that I love make-up and fashion and anything pretty, really. However, I’m also a serious bookworm and food fanatic. I’ve decided to tagline my blog as a ‘beauty and lifestyle blog’, which basically means I’ll be posting about all things make-up, hair, nails and fashion, to recipes, books and tips regarding revision, mindfulness and just life in general really! My blog will definitely correspond with what is going on in my life and things I’ve learnt from experience, for example, how to have a limited amount of breakdowns when studying A-Levels (this is no joke).
I’m currently having a gap year after finishing my A-Levels and before moving on to study an English Literature degree. Therefore, I’ve got lots planned for the spring and summer of 2017 and hope to blog it all right here!
I plan to post on my blog twice a week, one a beauty related post and one a lifestyle related post. I’ll aim to post twice a week, but I won’t go promising any dates because chances are I won’t stick to them. I plan to kick it off on Monday with a “52 Books for 2017” post! So, if you’re interested in seeing that then feel free to follow my blog. Then I plan to follow that up with a ‘Revision tips and tricks’ post – to help all of those spending their Christmas studying for mocks (I feel your pain, I really do), so stay tuned for that and probably a good old ‘What I got for Christmas’ post too!