Favourite four – products I can’t live without

Favourite four – products I can’t live without

Before I get into this post, I just thought I’d say that I’ve made a new Instagram that’s purely for my blog (I’ve noticed some of you have been following my personal, but I barely post over there, so it seemed like a good idea), so if you want to go check that out you can follow me here and I’ll be more than happy to follow other bloggers back! You can also find my Twitter for my blog here. Alternatively, my usernames for both are @emmachxrlotte_.

img_5496

Okay, so now I’ve got my shameless self-promo out of the way, lets talk make-up. I thought I’d write a post about the make-up products that I can’t live without. A couple of years ago I’d have probably said foundation and concealer, but these days i’m not too bothered about going out without foundation – in fact I think it’s important to let your skin breathe. Instead, my products I can’t live without are as follows…

Colour Pop Ultra Satin in Echo Park. This product is a really new addition to my favourites and comes courtesy of Kate (you can find her blog hereΒ – if you check her out please tell her I sent you!) after I won her giveaway and Colour Pop lip gloss was one of the prizes. It is definitely my new favourite. This thing survived a McDonald’s El Chicken Spicy burger, a chocolate muffin and a lasagne – I think it’s safe to say it’s pretty durable. Not to mention the gorgeous colour. I’ll definitely be buying some of these in the very near future.

The Max Factor Voluptuous False Lash Effect mascara is also courtesy of Kate. Just look at the brush on this thing, it’s amazing. Normally I’ll go over my lashes a good few times and then work at separating them out and what not, but this brush does all your work for you in literally one swipe. I don’t know how or why I haven’t come across this before to be honest, but I think I’ll be sticking with it! So thank you Kate, you’ve got some seriously good taste in make-up!

Next up is my eyelash curler. As someone with very straight eyelashes, this thing is a life saver. I couldn’t go without my eyelash curler. I’ve had this thing for a good three or four years now and it’s lasted me so well. It still looks as good as new and works as well as ever. I believe I just got this from Boots (if not Boots, then Superdrug) but I haven’t got a clue what brand it is. It’s bloody good though.

Lastly, I mentioned the Freedom Eyebrow Pomade in my Drugstore Make-up Haul and ReviewΒ and my February Favourites, and I’m talking about it again because I just cannot get enough of the stuff. I’ve used it every day now for a good couple of months and I still love it. My eyebrows aren’t bad in shape, but I’ve got a few chicken pox scars in them that have left me with little bald patches, so I really hate how they look when they’re not filled in. So therefore, the Freedom Pomade would have to make my top four.

Let me know in the comments what your favourite four products are that you can’t live without, and let me know if you’ve tried any of these products and what you thought! Thanks for reading and keep an eye out for a Netflix-related post going up tomorrow!

P.S. what do you think of the photos for this post? I decided to make myself a background for my pics and this is the result! I’m sort of loving it, tbh.

emmachxrlotte

21 Comments

1. March 5, 2017 / 3:09 pm

Great post – think a number 1 favorite for me right now is my Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in the shade “bond girl”.. I’m in love with it hahahha.
    Also followed your instagram xoxo

• March 5, 2017 / 4:19 pm

I haven’t actually got any Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks! Maybe I should invest in one? I’ll check out bond girl, thank you! Ah thanks! I followed you back :)xx

• March 5, 2017 / 4:22 pm

Totally invest in one! I really love how the matte revolutions aren’t drying at all. I have the shade “pillow talk” coming in mail! Everyone raved about the lip liner in this shade and then she came out with the lipstick! But bond girl is honestly the perfect pinky mauve nude! And plus the packaging is to die for! I hope you get one <3

• March 9, 2017 / 7:37 pm

I think I’ll treat myself on pay day πŸ˜‰ Ah let me know if you post about Pillow Talk or anything, would love to hear your opinion on it! Ah really? I might just buy it for the packaging, I’m a sucker for some good packaging!x

• March 10, 2017 / 2:19 am

I may do some type of “March Haul” with all these things I have coming in the mail including pillowtalk and I think I’ll review them and stuff! So maybe! And same here, complete sucker for packaging. hahaha xo

• March 5, 2017 / 4:17 pm

I’d definitely give it a go, I bet it’s pretty cheap, and it’s so good!xx

2. March 5, 2017 / 5:06 pm

Yay I’m so glad you like the products I sent you! That colourpop lip is one of my favourites too and I love the Freedom brow pomade! Congrats again on winning! X

• March 9, 2017 / 7:36 pm

Absolutely loved them Kate, I’m obsessed with them all! That pomade is brilliant, I love it. Thank you lovely!x

3. March 5, 2017 / 8:37 pm

Following both. I’m Craft Owl πŸ¦‰ on instagram. See you there!

• March 9, 2017 / 7:35 pm

Ah thank you lovely, I believe I followed you back on both! Let me know if I didn’t and I’ll make sure I get right on it!x

4. March 6, 2017 / 1:50 am

Great post! Also, agreed. The picture has come out beautifully!

• March 9, 2017 / 7:35 pm

Ah thank you lovely! And yes, I believe I followed you back!x

5. March 6, 2017 / 1:50 am

Also, followed you on Instagram. πŸ™‚
    I’m ria.kotian.

6. March 6, 2017 / 4:38 am

I apologize if I crossed any lines messaging you on Instagram the other day. I didn’t mean anything by it… I just try to get to know my blog friends when I can.

• March 9, 2017 / 7:34 pm

Oh no no no, not at all! No, sorry I wasn’t saying I didn’t want people on my personal Instagram, just that I thought it’d be boring for you as I rarely post on there! Absolutely didn’t mind you messaging me at all! Was lovely hearing from you πŸ™‚

7. March 6, 2017 / 8:10 pm

YES I love that you listed eyelash curlers. No one ever gives a shout out to lash curlers but its one of my most favorite and important make up tool! I have to curl my lashes because I wear glasses so if I don’t they hit my lenses and get all crushed, its not a cute look lol Also I just recently tried a colour pop lip gloss, I loveee their formula, it goes on so nicely and stays on too, such a great brand!

xo, JJ

• March 9, 2017 / 7:29 pm

Ikr?! Nobody ever mentions them but they’re literally the best, don’t think I could survive without them! Omg yes, I have glasses so I completely understand where you’re coming from! Aren’t they just? It lasted me 14 hours and survived three meals the other day! I’m so impressed!x

What are you thinking? Leave a comment