Top three drugstore lip products

Top three drugstore lip products

If you’re looking for long lasting, pigmented and beautifully packaged lip products then you’re probably going to go straight to MAC or YSL, but actually there are so fantastic drugstore lip products out there that are just as good for half the price!

I’m a big lipstick lover. I haven’t always been, it has only been the last couple of years but my lipstick and lipgloss collections are growing wildly. But there are three lip products I always go back to. These are my top three, go-to drugstore lip products.

NYX Lingerie – I am a general lover of most NYX products really. I love the fact that they look and feel like really high quality high end products but are literally a fraction of the price. In my opinion NYX produce some bloody fantastic lip products, and the NYX Lingerie collection is absolutely no exception. But it’s the Exotic shade that is my absolute favourite. I have to admit, I was bit afraid of the colour as it is a bit darker than what I’d normally go for – however, it just looks amazing on. It’s super matte and super pigmented and it doesn’t seem to matter what or how much you eat or drink, the stuff just doesn’t budge. It is the perfect lipstick for a night out, because you can just guarantee it’ll still be there hours later. I also really like the packaging, just the whole appearance in general is really nice, and at just £6.50 at Boots, how can you even say no?

New Look Pure Colour – When I think of New Look, I definitely don’t think of them for their make-up. I didn’t really hold out a lot of hope when I bought a selection of their Pure Colour lipsticks but I was really pleasantly surprised. If you’re having a dry lip day, which I have most days during the winter, then these lipsticks are a God send. Packed with vitamin E, New Look’s lipsticks are super creamy and moisturising. I love the way they feel when I’ve got them on and I especially love the shade Mink. I’m typically a nude lipstick kind of girl, so this was right up my street. As if it couldn’t get any better, since I bought the lipstick last summer, New Look have totally changed the packaging and it’s now silver (they also sell rose gold ones which I’m dying to buy a bunch of!)

MUA LUXE Velvet Lip Lacquer – I have to admit that I find MUA products very hit and miss, some are amazing and others not so amazing, at all. However, their Velvet lip lacquer collection is definitely in my top three. They’re an absolute bargain at just £3. You cannot go wrong for £3. It is matte and really long lasting, not quite as long lasting as the NYX Lingerie, but it is still pretty damn good to say it only costs £3. More than anything, I really love the colour. I’ve got the shade Harmony, and in the summer this was my absolute favourite lipstick and I’m really looking forward to wearing it 24/7 in spring. The packaging definitely isn’t bad either, I quite like the gold and the font is pretty similar to the NYX Lingerie. Overall, it’s fantastic for its price.

img_5399

What are your favourite drugstore lip products? Let me know in the comments. Or let me know if you’ve tried any of these! Thanks for reading, make sure you follow my blog if you liked this post. I’m planning to post a Busy B stationery haul tomorrow as they’ve sent me a bunch of products, so make sure you stay tuned for that – it’s good trust me. Until the, have a lovely Sunday evening!

emmachxrlotte

17 Comments

1. February 26, 2017 / 7:08 pm

I’ve got a new of the Nyx lingerie lipsticks and I love them! The New Look one looks beautiful too, I haven’t tried any makeup from them before but I might have to pick that lipstick up! X

Kate// itskaterose.com

• February 26, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I’d definitely go check out the New Look lipsticks, their new silver and gold lipsticks are gorgeous – I want them all! x

2. February 26, 2017 / 7:23 pm

I love the look of that New Look one 😍! Never thought to try New Look makeup! x

• February 26, 2017 / 8:16 pm

Me neither! I really expected them to be bit rubbish, but they’re actually lush!x

3. Carwen Jones
    February 26, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I adore those shades. So beautiful. I will have to pick up some New Look lippies soon after seeing this. Great post <3 x

• February 27, 2017 / 7:38 pm

Do it, you know you want to! Thank you!x

4. February 27, 2017 / 1:20 am

I am in love with the lip lingerie line by NYX. I’ll definitely have to check out your other two suggestions. great post!

• February 27, 2017 / 7:31 pm

Me too! They’re such good quality, i’m obsessed! The New Look ones are definitely worth trying, you won’t regret it! Thank you!x

5. February 27, 2017 / 11:24 am

Hi! I agree with the NYX product though I haven’t tried specifically the Lingerie but like you, I believe in the quality of Nyx. Thank you for sharing your fave lippies, will try the Nyx Lingerie next week! <3

• February 27, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Hi! Yes most of NYX’s products are great tbh, I haven’t come across anything from them that I don’t like so far! That’s alright, thank you very much <3 Let me know if you try them and what you think of them!x

6. February 27, 2017 / 8:19 pm

I’ve been dyinngg to try a Lip Lingerie, I seriously cannot believe I still haven’t! I was so close to buying one the other day but remembered that I just placed an order with ColourPop so I was like I must resist! But I do love NYX Liquid Suede! Also, I love the casing for MUA LUXE Velvet Lip Lacquer and the swatch for that color is my favoriteee! Nude all the way!

xo, JJ

• February 27, 2017 / 8:34 pm

You have really got to get yourself one! They’re such a reasonable price and such good quality, you just can’t go wrong! Me too, I love the gold and the mystified matte effect, it’s gorgeous. I agree, can’t say no to a nude!xx

7. February 28, 2017 / 7:22 pm

I need to try these for myself now, especially the New Look one

• February 28, 2017 / 9:27 pm

Yesss you definitely have to go get yourself a couple of New Look lippies!x

• March 5, 2017 / 4:13 pm

I was in New Look yesterday and I forgot to look at the lippies :-/

• March 5, 2017 / 4:18 pm

Brilliant, that’s a good excuse to go back 😉

What are you thinking? Leave a comment