52 Books for 2017!

52 Books for 2017!

Last year I attempted to read 52 books in a year, which at the time I thought would be easy as I can get through a good book in a day with no trouble. However, it seems I was a bit ambitious to assume I could read so many books alongside doing my last year of A-Levels and doing a semester at Uni. Now I’ve left Uni though, and am officially on a gap year (or should I say gap nine months), I am ready to nail a list of 52 books in 2017! So, for any fellow book worms out there who might be doing the same or just for anyone looking for a book to read, this is what I’ve got so far on my list. Of course my list will grow as the year goes on, so I’ll keep updating this post when I add new books to my list. I will literally just give you my list, but every book on this list (say list one more time lmao) is a book that someone has either recommended to me or I’ve looked into and have decided I really need to read. Also, as I go through the year I plan to post ‘Weekly Reads’ posts about what I’ve read that week from my list and I’ll rate and review the books for you, so make sure you follow my blog to hear more about these books!

1. The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
  25. How Hard Can Love Be? – Holly Bourne
  26. What’s A Girl Gotta Do? – Holly Bourne
  27. …And A Happy New year? – Holly Bourne
  28. Beautiful Disaster- Jamie McGuire
  29. Walking Disaster – Jamie McGuire
  30. Heidi – Johanna Spyri

So, that’s the 30 books I have on my list so far! If you have any suggestions/reccomendations that I could add to my list then please let me know in the comments. If anyone would be interested in seeing a list of what I read this year then let me know and I could put a post together on that too!

emmachxrlotte

16 Comments

1. February 8, 2017 / 4:38 pm

Wow that’s quite a goal! Should be really rewarding though to read so many books. I’m not sure what kind of genres you’re into but I would HIGHLY recommend all of the Bridget Jones books and also I read Carol/The Price of Salt by Patricia Highsmith recently and it was amazing. Good look, please keep us updated! x

2. February 24, 2017 / 12:41 pm

I wish I could have a list this long! Alas… my list is 15 books this year – hopefully I’ll be able to finish at least that. I’ve read Anna and the french kiss and Lola and the boy next door, and I’ve got to say I LOVED THEM! Really easy and worth reading! (if you’re into chick-lit, of course). I recommend The Selection series. I’m not sure if you’re into dystopian novels, I know I’m not but I absolutely loved this series. It’s a mix of chick-lit and dystopia, definitely worth a read!

• February 24, 2017 / 6:26 pm

You have to start somewhere, right? Fifteen this year, twenty-five next year?! I can’t wait to read Anna and the French Kiss, I’ve heard such good things about it! I’m definitely into chick-lit, anything romance-y or contemporary is right up my street. I’ve never really read any dystopian novels if I’m honest, but I’m totally open to reading anything so I’ll definitely look The Selection series up, thank you!x

• February 26, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I love all the genres you mentioned too! Any recommendations for me? 😄

• February 27, 2017 / 7:40 pm

Omg I have so many I could recommend, I’d definitely say All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell, Fangirl also by Rainbow Rowell, I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson and Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. They’re some of my absolute favourites. Let me know if you decide to read any of them, would love to hear what you think! :)x

• March 1, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Ooh! I’ll add those to my goodreads tbr list! I’ve already read Fangirl and I’ve heard a lot about Eleanor & Park and Me before you (duh the movie, lol). Thanks for the recommendations! Do you have a Goodreads account? 🙂

• March 5, 2017 / 11:45 am

I’d definitely read Eleanor & Park, I enjoyed it so much. It’s okay, anytime! Yeah I do! I’ve actually linked it in this post, but you can also find it at the very bottom of my blog page, I’ve got a widget link which you can click if you like!x

• March 19, 2017 / 9:11 pm

Okay this is going to make me sound like a total dumbo, but I honestly can’t find your goodreads account! I found the widget – but that only shows me what you’re currently reading!

What are you thinking? Leave a comment